Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Ten months old
In just two months our sweetie will leave her first year in the dust. This month was an especially exciting one as Baby Girl continued more and more to come into her own. The biggest development this month was, of course, that Sara finally got teeth! Her bottom two middle teeth came in together and still only stick out a millimeter or two, but they're there. Another big milestone is that Sara began self-feeding this month. I still spoon-feed most of her meals to her, but she likes to feed herself cheerios and bananas and avocados, which she has apparently decided that she likes after all. (I'm almost a little disappointed about that, because that means I have to share them.) She also likes to try feeding herself with a spoon, but I must admit that I'm not too crazy about wiping purees off the walls.
As far as crawling goes, Sara continues to make progress. She'll now crawl as many as three or four steps at a time before turning around to sit on her behind. She continues to like to mouth most things and still has a special affinity for paper. She has decided that she likes to unpack things and regularly unpacks her toy basket and her bookshelf. She's still a pretty content baby, but she has definitely figured out that there is much to be explored. In fact, this month's "birthday" photo shoot was almost impossible because she wouldn't stay still and look at the camera!
We continue to enjoy, cherish, and adore our precious gift from God. We can't wait to see what she figures out next!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy 10-month birthday!!! Almost one-year old...I can't believe it!
She smiles so much now!! Sara & I should celebrate our birthday together ;)
-Jenn P.
Enjoy this time because when she gets the whole walking thing going -- the fun is over for you. :)
Post a Comment