It's so strange to think that a year ago I was very pregnant, taking Lamaze, and thinking I still had at least another six weeks of pregnancy ahead of me. Now, here I sit with a precious little daughter who has completely changed our lives just like everyone said she would.
Sara had a big month! First of all, she's now a crawling machine. She can easily cross a room much faster than I ever imagined, provided she doesn't get distracted by something along the way. She's also obsessed with standing right now. She loves to pull herself up at every opportunity and then let go with one hand. She doesn't "cruise" much yet; she just likes to stand there. She also loves to empty things: her toybox, her bookcase, the old diskettes in the office bookcase... The world is her oyster right now as she explores!
She is also starting to communicate more and more. She's nowhere near consistent about it yet, but depending on what else is going on she just might point, wave, or sign for "more." She babbles up a storm, but I can't make out any words for certain just yet. She likes to say "mama," "dada," and "baba." She will also repeat sounds. If I tell her to say "mama," she'll say it. Whether she understands that I am "Mama" is still unclear. If someone says "Yaaaaay!" she'll most likely smile and clap her hands, which is just about the cutest thing we've ever seen.
As our baby becomes less and less of a "baby," we try even harder to savor every moment. I thank God for her every day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy 11-month birthday, sweet Sara Jo! Such a cutie!
This weekend Theresa saw the pics of Sara on our fridge and said she couldn't believe how big she was, and it was so weird for me to say, "yeah, she is going to be a year old in a few weeks!" CRAZY how fast time flies.. (Oh, and everyone thinks those pics are too delicious!)
She is so smiley! I love looking at the slideshow you put together here. I just want to grab her and hug her!
Post a Comment