I have much to write about, but let's start with the big stuff.
Today was Sara's first Easter. We took her to church this morning, and she loved the music from the contemporary service, although her daddy prefers the more traditional organ to the guitar and drums. After that we went to Tanja and Eric's for a barbecue. It was a lovely day, though Baby Girl was quite fussy--and not because of the bunny ears! She was showered with gifts by family and the Easter bunny. She is a very blessed little girl!
I got a haircut. I know there's kind of a stereotype about becoming a mommy and cutting your hair, but the truth is that it is still falling out like crazy thanks to the postpartum hormonal crash. Larry said he was okay with me cutting it as long as I didn't get a "mom" haircut. I think he meant something like this:

I vowed not to get the "mom" cut, so Larry gave me his blessing. It looks pretty flat from the front here

but here's a side shot that shows more of the cut:

I think I'm going to like it once I get used to it and it gets a little more shaggy.
We've seen a few movies lately.
- American Gangster. This was a good one. Denzel Washington is always good, and it was an interesting story and very well-made.
- Superman Returns. It was just okay for me. I am not the intended audience for this genre, but even a comic movie enthusiastic like Larry didn't *love* it. The pace was kind of slow at first, and it didn't really distinguish itself from other movies of its type.
- Blades of Glory. After a day where Sajo spent more time whining/fussing than anything else, I just wanted to have some mindless laughter, and this movie provided it. It was ridiculously stupid...but in a good way.
3 comments:
Love the new haircut!! My hair is still falling out-ugh! Sara is adorable in her little bunny ears. Happy Easter!!
Thanks for sharing! Like the new haircut too. I could never do that - I'd have a fro! Looking forward to seeing you guys on the 5th! Will be sending out an email this week.
OMG it's been way too long. She is getting so big.. I need to see her soon. Sorry I missed you on Saturday, but we'll talk soon. This Sunday maybe? Let me know...
Love the haircut, very chic!
Post a Comment