Sunday, August 2, 2009

Twenty-one months



Sara is now twenty-one months old, or "two in November," which I have taken to saying when people ask. Apparently she has grown, because I suddenly find people commenting on her being tall for her age. I think it must be that she looks two already, so when people find out she still has a few months to go, they feel compelled to say something.

For the most part, month twenty-one brought more of the same. Sara's vocabulary continues to expand. In the past few days she has added words like "shower" and "octopus." She's also getting past some of her shyness. Sara is still on the timid side, but the amount of time it takes her to warm up to people or situations seems to be decreasing for the most part. That said, I don't think she has a future as a stunt woman or X-games competitor. She is generally a mellow girl who would rather observe loud, scary stuff than participate in it. She's also still relatively quiet around others, though she is starting to talk a bit more when non-parental ears can hear.

I wouldn't say that Sara is "potty training," but she does tell us most of the time if she needs to go or is in the process of going #2 ("I poop."). We go through phases where we'll catch most poops in the potty, but then we also have phases where she says she needs to poop just so she can go read books on the potty.

Also, it's worth mentioning that her one-year molars are now all the way in. We had a nice, teething-free month. :)

All told, month twenty-one was a fun one.

2 comments:

Anna Nussio said...

She is looking like such a big kid. It happens so fast. Funny how they can seemingly change overnight, even though we literally watch them change every day. I am so happy you've had no teething lately! She is so gorgeous.

JenPen said...

Such a beautiful girl...just like her momma! ;)