Monday, March 10, 2008

California chicken rolls and random movie notes

I usually try a new recipe out about once a week. I keep intending to post about the recipe on here, but it hasn't happened yet despite some successes (like crock pot chicken and dumplings) and some failures (like vegetarian chili out of a cookbook). Since Larry liked tonight's dinner so well, though, I'll use the opportunity to make my first recipe posting.

California Chicken Rolls
Mix together 10 oz thawed chopped frozen spinach, 4 oz blue cheese, and 3 tablespoons chopped sun dried tomatoes. Spread onto thinly pounded chicken breasts. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Cook in skillet until golden brown and chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Source: Healthy Meals in Minutes (some mail-order cards I bought in the months before we got married!)

This was quick, yummy, and fancy-looking. ;) Thumbs up!

Movie notes: This week we've watched Michael Clayton and Blood Diamond. Both are worth seeing. Michael Clayton is just really well done--very smooth. Blood Diamond has some cheesy moments, but overall it's good. It made me stop and wonder about where my diamond might have come from.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That chicken recipe sounds so easy! Yummy ingredients, too!

Joe and I recently saw "Michael Clayton" when it was back in the theater here right before the Oscars. We loved it! So well done!

The other night for my birthday, we re-watched a favorite: "A Very Long Engagement." So beautiful! Even Joe cried!

Dawn said...

That sounds delicious! I'm going to have to steal that recipe!

You know, I watched Stardust this weekend and LOVED it. I didn't think I would, but it was awesome!