Monday, June 16, 2008

A Mommy Milestone

Well, I am now officially unemployed. After eight rewarding, enlightening, exhausting, challenging years as a high school teacher and 7.5 months spent on leave, I have resigned. How does it feel? It feels right, actually. Going back to the classroom for the last two weeks was actually a really good thing for me, because it let me remember the things I love about teaching (relationships, creativity, the challenge) and the things I'm ready to leave behind for now (ever-increasing demands, demands, demands!).

I had such a wonderful day with Sara today, and I can appreciate the difference in how I interact with her. Today I enjoyed my daughter. When I was working (yes, those two whopping weeks) it was all about survival. Now, I know she's getting the very best of me. I'm so very grateful that I get to be her full-time mommy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on this big move, Tina! Sara is so lucky that her mama can do this for her!