Sunday, July 20, 2008
Brain candy
Today I finished reading The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella. Now, this is part of the Chick Lit (Brit Chick Lit, actually) genre, but I can't say it's a great one. Mind you, I don't expect too much from chick lit, but they should be funny, quick reads, and get me caring about the characters. This one was pretty predictable and didn't really suck me in emotionally. That said, I did stay up late reading it, and it made me laugh aloud more than once. It's a good beach book but not one of the better books in its genre. I'd give it about a 6 out of 10.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with your opinion of this book, but I couldn't resist laughing when she kept talking in her British accent! The Shopaholic books are funny too... (Fluffy, but funny...)
Post a Comment