Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Eight months old (sniff, sniff)

I guess there's nothing like having a child to make you feel like time is absolutely ZIPPING by! I can't believe that Sara's first year is, as my friend Dawn pointed out, already two thirds over!

I'm still really enjoying this age. Sara is getting very curious about the world around her. If something is within reach, she will grab for it and probably try to eat it. She seems to have a taste for paper... yech. She has gotten quite good at clapping, and will kind of do it on demand (after a delay). She is very excited about her index fingers at the moment. She uses them all the time to try to touch and grasp things. She has also taken to rocking back and forth when she's sitting. I'm sure this is leading up to mobility, so I'll just enjoy this time when I can put her in one spot, walk away, and be reasonably certain she'll be in the same general area when I return.

We're up to eating solid foods twice a day and are about to add a third feeding. So far her favorites are the cereals, sweet potatoes, pears, and bananas. I guess she has a sweet teeth like her momma and her opa!

We're just continuing to enjoy our sweet baby girl! Life is sweet!


Click to view a larger version of the slideshow. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's really beautiful... and she looks so sweet and fun! you guys make great kids

I love it, too, that this time around I don't have to read any books, I can just jump onto your blog to see what Sara's up to and I know what's in store for Sam!

Melissa said...

She is too scrumptious! :)