On Saturday, January 10th, Larry and I went to an event that even two years ago I would have thought would never interest me: The Monster Truck Jam. I suppose as much as anything or anyone I have my precious nephew Ryan to thank for my interest. He LOVES monster trucks, so just the idea of seeing his enthusiasm made me want to go. Turns out it's a very fun time!
This night was made all the more special because Tante Carla and Onkel Alex watched Sara for us, and she spent the night over there! (This was her second night away from home. My parents watched her when we went to a USC game back in November.) Carla reported that Sara slept from about 7:45 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. I guess she didn't miss us too much!
Of course, the weekend after we went, a boy up in Washington was killed at a similar event. :( Sitting in the crowd did not seem remotely dangerous to me, but if we go to another event, I'll make sure we sit up high again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment