Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sara's first trip to Disneyland


Tante Carla and Onkel Alex gave us the very generous birthday gift of a Disneyland annual passport. This will allow me to take Sara to the park for a few hours just about any time I'd like.

On Monday, January 12, Tanja and I took Ryan and Sara for a few hours in the morning. Anyone who has spent much time around Sara knows that she can be sort of "slow to warm," especially in places with tons to take in. Disneyland was no exception. She just wanted to look around more than actually participate in anything. :)

There were no meltdowns, but I'd rank the rides we went on in the follow order from her favorite to least favorite:

1. Dumbo's Wild Ride (no smiles but no negative reaction at all)
2. Casey Jr. Circus Train (same reaction as Dumbo, but Mommy likes Dumbo a little better. LOL)
3. Merry-go-round aka King Arthur Carrousel (She didn't like it when the horse first started moving, but she calmed down pretty quickly. Again, no smiles.)
4. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (She started crying during the dark, loud parts, but it was her "complaining cry," not actual tears.)
5. Peter Pan's Flight (Same reaction as Mr. Toad's but on this one I sat beside her instead of with her on my lap, so I think she felt less secure.)


Waiting in line



Ryan and I on Casey's Train



Tanja and Sara on Casey's train. The ride is actually moving, not that her reaction shows that. :)



It will be interesting to see how Sara's reactions to Disneyland change over the course of the year. I can only hope and assume that she will eventually realize that it's The Happiest Place on Earth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She will warm up to Disneyland... it's a very overwhelming place for the little ones. Before you know it she will be riding Big Thunder Mountain

Vanessa

April said...

I have to say that even though I'm 31 and not 1, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is actually scary! I went on it about a year ago and felt very sympathetic to the screaming kid in the car in front of me!