Sunday, August 2, 2009

Book toss

I saw the twinkle in her eyes right away, and I knew what we were in for.

Last Thursday Sara woke up from her nap and wanted to take a book downstairs with her. She got to the top of the stairs and, for whatever reason, threw the book down. I saw the gleam in her eyes, and I knew what would follow.



I know I could have stopped her, but she was having so much fun throwing all those books. I decided just to let her have the fun, and we would both deal with the consequences later. I carried all the books to the top of the stairs for her, and she did, indeed, put them all back on the bookshelf. It only took about 30 minutes, one small tantrum (hers, not mine), and three crib time-outs. :)

6 comments:

Anna Nussio said...

I LOVE YOUR GIRL

I love the way she looks at you, chats, and keeps going.

Is it wrong that I love her even more after seeing this?

(Oh, and you are such the cool mommy to just roll with it, let her have her fun, AND help her learn to clean up afterwards. Cool in more than one sense of the word. ;) )

Melissa said...

Very cute!

Sparky said...

I admire you Tina! I know I don't have any kids, but I would have probably stopped her after the first one. Props to you for letting her do it and then see what the "consequences" were afterwards. I'll have to remember this. :)

JenPen said...

As I was watching that, I was thinking, "I wonder if she actually got her to put them all away." But of course you did! :)

I love how she's doing it so...on purpose. Now there's a girl with drive!

Michelle said...

I love her chatting away as she does it! She is so talkative, and such a diva. I think I would have had to stop her. I love that you just let her go!

Vanessa Orr said...

Sometimes letting them be a little naughty is the way to go!