Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sick days

It has been a frustrating ten-or-so days around here.

On Tuesday, September 22nd, I got to witness the amazing birth of my newest beautiful nephew, Blake Eric Tyner. He is adorable, and he looks like a pink version of his older brother. I will devote another blog post to some pictures and a couple of details about his arrival.



Unfortunately, when Blake was three days old, Sara spiked a 103 fever and has been sick ever since. The doctors have told me it's just an upper respiratory infection, but that doesn't mean I want her snot or her scary-sounding cough anywhere near a precious newborn baby--not to mention Baby Kyle, who is almost two months old, or Baby Leo (the Rosas' newest addition), who is only a month old.

In fact, my best friend Anna has been visiting from Maryland (a post on that will follow, too), and between her sick kids and my sick kid, we didn't see each other at all for several days, and our visits have been limited to outdoors, where at least the germs don't recirculate around the room.

Now I'm sick, and though it's just Sara's cold that she has shared with me, it's no fun. Here's hoping we all feel better soon!

2 comments:

JenPen said...

Poo on germs. :( Hope everyone gets well, soon - and stays well!!!

Stacey said...

Oh no! I hate when they are sick. And the high fevers are always so scary! joshua just got over strep and we are all getting over colds here. Yuck yuck yuck!!! Hope you are all healthy again soon!