Wednesday, October 21, 2009

When the BFF comes to town...

My best friend Anna came to visit from Maryland recently. She came for her cousin's wedding and stayed an extra week so she'd have plenty of time to visit with her extended family and with yours truly. We had grand plans. We were going to hang out every single day and possibly even throw in a trip to Disneyland!

And then, as it so often does, life happened.

First, Anna's little boy got sick. Then Sara was sick. Then Anna's daughter was sick. Then I was sick. In a cruel turn of events, it seemed like someone was constantly suffering from something. Aside from the discomfort all around (especially for Anna and her kiddos), this threw a major wrench into our plans. We stayed away from each other for several days, and then we only did a few park playdates, where the air could circulate and hopefully minimize the germ transfer.



Despite the challenges, it was so wonderful to see my BFF and her beautiful children. I know Sara enjoyed them all, as she quickly identified them all by name: "Anna. Sophie (pronounced Fo-see). Sammy." I can only hope that our next chance to visit will come quickly and involve healthy parties all around!

5 comments:

JenPen said...

Super cute photos!!! But where are you? (wink, wink)

Is that La Mirada park?? That's a nice playground...

Melissa said...

Great pictures! Looks like everyone had a good time.

Anna Nussio said...

you should be in those photos... I can't believe I didn't get my camera out at all... man were we all zonked... I still loved every minute we got. :D

Michelle said...

Beautiful photos--I am so sorry you didn't get more time with your friend.

Daisy said...

don't you just hate when life happens! you make plans and think it's going to go smooth and it doesn't. Glad you had sometime with her. =]