Sunday, October 4, 2009

Twenty-three months old



In just a few short weeks our little baby girl will be two! She's certainly starting to act it now and then, asserting her independence and occasionally flipping her lid if I dare to help her do something she can do herself: "I SELF!"

Sara's spunk and personality started to shine a bit more this month. She has taken to dancing around the living room while she watches Barney or while "Pop Goes the Weasel" plays on her electronic toy. She likes to "jump" on the "Pop!" part of the song. Her jump is holding at a little stagger-step jump at the moment, which is pretty cute to watch. I have tried to videotape her, but once she hears the camera turn on the dancing and jumping stop.

Her newest favorite sentence is, "What's that, Mommy?" so I spend a lot of time identifying things for her. She has also started to identify some colors with increasing accuracy, especially blue, green, and pink. She likes to count and can count all the way to about fifteen, but a lot of times now she'll say, "One, two, three, six!"

After months of absolutely no interest, Sara is starting to occasionally scribble or play with some of her fine-motor toys a bit more. Maybe her body has finally decided that it's time to develop that part of her brain a bit more.

In any case, all this growing and changing sure is fun to watch!

1 comment:

JenPen said...

Cutie!!! In that last photo, she totally looks like a little girl (as opposed to a toddler). I can't believe our kids will be 2 soon...time for another one! ;) (For you, NOT me...lol).