Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Another Sara update plus a book note

Baby Girl slept through the night last night! She went to bed at 6:20 and slept until 5:55 this morning! Since I was up until midnight finishing a book (more on that in a second), she could not have picked a better night to give her mommy some uninterrupted zzzzs. In case you're wondering, she sleeps more than average at night (11-12 hours vs. 9-10) and less than average during the day (3-4 hours vs. 5-6).

I finished reading The Kite Runner last night. Carla had given it to me during the summer, but I didn't start it until the very windy Superbowl Sunday out in Glamis. I read about 3/4 of it that day and finally picked it up again this week to finish it. There are a couple of things I really liked about it. First, I love books that allow me to travel to places I've never been. I now know way more about Afghanistan than I ever would have. Second, I loved the ending. Not everything about the book was perfect, but the ending was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see that movie. Wonder if I should read the book first though...

Tina said...

I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know if it's any good. I usually like to read the book first, but that's just me. :)