Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Day of Firsts

On Tuesday my friend Janee came over and we took her son Blake and Sara out for a little walk. We went to the local park.


Sara experienced a *real* swing for the first time!


She was definitely very curious about it all.


She has also been practicing sitting upright, and Tuesday evening she was doing quite a good job under her daddy's watchful eye!


Okay, forgive me for this especially sentimental moment, but parenthood is such an amazing experience. Little things like trips to the park just take on this new poignancy and importance. I'm amazed by how connected I feel to other parents, to this shared experience of watching someone new wake up to the world. Wow.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I love how sweet her smile is when she is in the swing! She is just too cute!

JenPen said...

What a strong little girl! So fun to watch her grow...

Stacey said...

She's beautiful and you look great! I agree, it is such an exciting and amazing adventure!!

Susanne said...

Thanks for reminding me of the miracle I get to experience every day.

Janeen said...

She is looking more and more like her mommy in these pictures--especially in the swing.