Friday, April 4, 2008

Five months old

Well, Sara's first year is flying by just as quickly as everyone said it would. I cannot believe that next month she will be half a year old!

This month, Sara became much more skilled with grabbing things with those hands of hers. Her hands also spent more and more time in her mouth, but there are no signs of any teeth yet. She's also "talking" more and more. She continues to hate tummy time, but now she tries to get her knees underneath her and gets mad when she fails. Yes, pre-crawling behavior has begun.

Our sleepyhead continues to do pretty well at night, though she often wakes up twice now instead of just once. As for days, she continues to be a catnapper. She became a GROUCHY catnapper during her fifth month, so I've been working to put her on a schedule. She still catnaps, but her mood seems better overall.

Here's a slideshow from Sara's fifth month. You can click on it if you want to view a larger version.


Oh! And just yesterday we started a Mommy & Me-type class. I enjoyed learning about age-appropriate exercises and games and letting Baby Girl try out all the toys. The craft was fun, too, though obviously at this age it's completely for the parent. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tina, your little one looks so grown up in those pictures! I love, love, love the one of her on the floor smiling. Such a cutie-pie! Wow, crawling behavior? Love it!

Susanne said...

I am so glad I finally got to meet Sara. It makes looking at the pictures even more special. Love, Susi
PS: I'm not so sure about the red bow ;)

Melissa said...

I am loving all your updates! I can't believe how good you are at keeping this updated! I am impressed and LOVE-LOVE-LOVE all the pics of Sara!
xoxo,
Melissa

Dawn said...

I love the bow! Sara is getting to be such a big girl, and of course completely gorgeous!

Is that a regular Bumbo or the knock off pod? I'm curious about the tray - we have the pod because we couldn't find the real Bumbo during the recall for the safety sticker.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Ms. Mowles! Sara is so big now! She really is adorable & I hope I can visit again sometime soon! I just love that 'tummy time' picture..it's my favorite! =) Hope everything is going well for you and your family. =)

- Jenn P.