Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Movie and recipe reviews

Larry and I watched Disturbia the other day. I think that actor (Shia Lebeauf or something like that) has a very likable presence. as for the movie itself, I kind of enjoyed it, but it sure did take its sweet time getting to where it was going. I spent most of the movie not really knowing what it was about or whether it was a thriller. The most exciting part for me was seeing him on the front lawn of his house and recognizing the house as one here in Uptown!

This week's recipe is actually for pizza sauce. See, I have gotten *very* into my bread machine in recent weeks. I don't think I have bought a loaf of bread in over two months. Anyway, I wanted to try making pizza dough in the machine and then baking homemade pizzas in the oven. The pizza sauce was actually pretty good. It still wasn't Round Table Pizza good, but I would definitely make it again. My pizza crust came out a little too crispy for my taste, though, so I might try a shorter baking time next time. Oh, and I reduced the honey to make the sauce spicier.

Exquisite Pizza Sauce
INGREDIENTS

* 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
* 6 fluid ounces warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
* 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
* 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
* salt to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese, garlic, honey, anchovy paste, onion powder, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and salt; mix together, breaking up any clumps of cheese.
2. Sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors; spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.

Source: Allrecipes.com

No comments: