...and I'm feeling a littler overwhelmed. I feel like I have so much I need to update here, so for now I'll just make a list of what's to come, and then I'll update with posts over the next few days.
Future posts will include:
-Sara's six-month update
-Our Germany trip
-Book and movie reviews
-My birthday
-Mother's Day
I *think* that's all.
Book and movie reviews
I might as well get this one out of the way as it requires no photos.
While on my trip I read The Pact by Jodi Picoult. Hmm. I enjoyed it, but not to the point of recommending it. It's too heavy to be a good mindless read, but not complex enough to be a great read. At the risk of sounding like Randy Jackson, for me it was just kind of okay.
I'm now reading The Shadow of the Wind. I'm really loving it so far, but I'm wondering if its melodrama and/or whimsy are going to start to wear on me after a while.
Movies... On the plane to Germany I saw August Rush. This was a very sweet little movie. It's not realistic, but it's not supposed to be. I liked it. On the way home I watched Grace is Gone with John Cusack. It was a very well-acted, slow-paced movie. It's depressing and not quite entertaining, but at the same time I'm glad I watched it. It's about a father finding out his wife has died in Iraq and how he deals with the first few days after. I also watched 27 Dresses. It was entertaining, but I'd say at best it's a rental. My life would have been just fine if I'd never seen this movie. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
27 dresses was bomb!
it's my current favorite movieeeeeeeee.
and i'm so going to buy it on amazon or costco one day.
i kept laughing out loud the whole time!
but it could be because i'm a katherine heigl/grey's anatomy fan!
Welcome back you two!!
Hey - sorry we didn't call on your b-day! We remembered before hand, but got caught up in the day on Monday. We expect to get together with you for it... Also - welcome back!
I'm glad you're back! Can't wait to see pics and updates!
I read Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood this past Sunday, and it was really great. The only other thing I had read by Atwood was The Handmaid's Tale, and I think I liked this even more. I highly recommend it!
--Janeen
Post a Comment