My sweet Sajo:
Sajo Sajo
You’re my Sajo
You are my baby
You’re my girl Sajo
You are my baby
And I love you
I love you my sweet darling
My girl Sajo
You are so cute
I love to kiss you
And when you’re sleeping
I always miss you
You are my baby
You’re my girl Sajo
I love you my sweet darling
My girl Sajo
I can’t believe a whole year has passed since I pushed you into the world. When the doctor first handed you to me, I don’t know if I necessarily felt love right away, but I was overcome with emotion. Your daddy and I had created life.
In the beginning you gave us a lot of worry. You were very, very sleepy, and the doctors didn’t know why. We spent days five through eight of your life in the hospital, and at one point we thought you might be very sick. Your daddy and I were so scared, because we were already figuring out at that point how much we loved you.
And we do! We love you so much. In the past year you have given us so many delights. First we were excited by your little smiles, and then smiles became little giggles, which were even better, and then giggles became big belly chuckles, which are the best! Little moans and groans gave way to babbles, which gave way to “dada” and “mama” which has now given way to “ba” (for ball), and I’m sure many more words are to come. You’ve also gone from just lying still to rolling to sitting to crawling. It’s just a matter of time before you’re running everywhere!
Through all your little milestones, your dad and I have been so incredibly awed by you. You are so sweet and your little personality is so adorable. You don’t know yet that it’s not polite to stare, so if someone interests you, you will just stare at that person without hardly blinking. You also love to take things apart. You regularly empty your bookcase and toy basket, and I try to interest you in putting things back, but to no avail. You also love to climb the stairs and pull yourself up on whatever you can find. Our little passive baby is giving way to an “into everything” toddler, and while your daddy and I are occasionally a little overwhelmed by the mess you make, we are loving every second of it.
We are loving every second of you. At the end, I guess that’s really all I have to say, and I could say it a hundred times. I love you. Your daddy and I had a wonderful life before we had you, but it’s even better with you in it. We both love your smiles and even your cries. Our hearts have been transformed in ways we didn’t know were possible. Happy first birthday, my sweet Sajo. I thank God for you, and I look forward to many more birthdays!
4 comments:
Awesome letters to Sara on her b-day! I enjoyed reading them...although I got lost on Larry's bionic tangent...LOL
I cannot believe our babies are one! Welcome to toddlerhood Sajo!
Happy Anniversary of Parenthood!
And now...for the pictures! :)
That brought a tear to my eye! What awesome testament of love for your sweet little girl. Happy Birthday Sara Jo!
Too sweet! I love that you guys took the time to write this for your baby girl!
these are such great gifts for sara in years to come! "and when you're sleeping i always miss you" - this for me somehow just sums it all up... the only thing that makes this love we have for our kids even more beautiful is knowing that this love creates a common ground among so many parents everywhere... how could life get better? then it does. every day better. (even in the 'terrible 2's! ;-) )
sigh
Post a Comment