Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gratitude

When I was teaching, I used to have my students make a list of five things for which they were grateful on the day before Thanksgiving break. After they had made their lists, they would choose three from their list to share with the rest of the class. It was always a nice little exercise in remembering just how blessed we all are.

I decided to go ahead and make a list this year for the blog and to have Larry make one, too. Here they are:

Larry is grateful for...

1. Wife and Kid

2. Still having a job

3. Health (even people my age are suffering from joint issues, back problems, knee problems. I’m glad I don’t have any of that.)

4. Friends and Family

5. Caffeine


I am grateful for...

1. My happy marriage to a wonderful husband and father

2. My friends and family

3. God

4. Food, shelter, and the relative abundance with which we live compared to much of the rest of the world--and the ability to stay home with our daughter.

5. Of course, our sweet Sara Jo


Happy Thanksgiving to all!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is always a good reminder to take time to remember all that we have been blessed with....even the little things like caffeine =) have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Crystal said...

I wonder what we wrote back when you asked us..

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! =)